As the new school year is approaching I thought I'd share my most beloved study tips that have worked for me throughout al my years!
1. study with friends
I have found getting together with people that are in my class helps so much! you can compare notes and see other peoples perspectives.
2. change locations
I love studying in places like a cafe or a library. Changing my surroundings helps build my focus and keeps me on track. Whenever I go to a cafe I'll always get myself a treat which puts me in a positive mood.
3. listen to music
Lots of people find music distracting but I love having it on quietly in the background. I find it helps me stay calm and not overwhelm myself.
4. patterns
Whenever I have a test coming up I always try to find some sort of pattern in the materials. I could always see these patterns when I was studying for my chemistry tests. I had to remember the chemical formula for sulfate (SO4), and the way I remembered it was it looked like soul, which sounds like sul, therefore sulfate.
5. take breaks
When your studying you don't want to have information overload. Its good to take breaks every once in a while to give your brain a break. I'll always go to the bathroom, make myself a snack, or answer some texts
Best of luck to everyone in their new school year
Toodles!
xoxoxo ellie
No comments:
Post a Comment